This morning news came out that senior hero Superstar Krishna was hospitalized. Reportedly, he is admitted to Continental Hospitals after complaining of cardiac arrest. Currently, Krishna is being treated on a ventilator and his health condition remains to be critical. Now, we bring you the list of trend-setting things introduced by Krishna to the Telugu cinema.
1. Superstar Krishna is the man who introduced Cowboy genre films to the Telugu cinema with the 1971 adventure drama, Mosagallaku Mosagadu.
2. Superstar Krishna introduced the first DTS MM Film to Telugu Cinema. The first DTS Telugu film was Telugu Veera Levara which was released in 1995. The film also marks the legendary actor’s 300th film.
3. Superstar Krishna introduced the first CinemaScope to the Telugu Cinema with the 1974 film, Alluri Seetharama Raju.
4. Superstar Krishna introduced the first Eastmancolor film to Tollywood with the 1982 film, Eenadu.
5. Superstar Krishna introduced the first 70 MM Film to the Telugu Cinema with the 1986 film, Simhasanam.
6. Superstar Krishna is the first hero to introduce Spy genre films to Telugu Cinema. It is widely known that Krishna did movies like Gudachari 116 (1966), James Bond 777 (1971), Agent Gopi (1978), Rahasya Gudachari (1981) and Gudachari 117 (1989) in the spy genre.
7. Krishna’s Simhasanam is the first Telugu film to collect 1.5 crores at the Telugu box office within the first week. By the end of its long run, Simhasanam collected Rs 7.5 crore gross which was a record back then.
8. Reportedly, Krishna’s Sakshi movie is the first Telugu movie to be screened at Moscow Film Festival. Sakshi is an experimental attempt by Krishna which paid off well at the box office.
9. Under his Padmalaya Studios banner, Krishna directed seventeen films and bankrolled many films.