Yesteryear actress Sridevi Boney Kapoor is considered one of the versatile actresses. Sri Devi has acted in about more than 250 movies altogether (Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Hindi). Glorifying beauty, her ease in acting and her undying attitude are some of the qualities in Sridevi.
Here are some astonishing facts we would like to share with you, on the occasion of Sridevi’s birthday. Read on..
1. Sridevi was named as “Sri Amma Ayyappan” by her parents. Her father Ayyapan and mother Rajeswari belong to Chennai. Sridevi bagged her first offer at the age of four. She played the role of Lord Bala Murugan in the movie “Thunaivan”.
2. She made an entry into the Telugu film industry in 1972 with the movie “Badi Panthulu”. Sri Devi who acted as the grand-daughter of Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao also acted opposite him as a heroine in the next movies.
3. Sridevi played the mother of Super Star Rajinikanth in the movie “Mundru Muduchu” (Tamil). She was only 13 years old by then.
4. This gorgeous lady was offered to act in a Hollywood movie under the director Steven Steel- the maker of Jurassic Park. Sridevi’s dates were all occupied, so she had to reject the offer.
5. Having no proper knowledge in the Hindi language, Sridevi’s role was dubbed by the other artists when she entered Bollywood. She soon picked up the language and also dubbed for herself for “Chandni”.
6. She has acted in over 250 movies, which include 6 movies in Kannada, 26 in Malayalam, 70 in Hindi, 71 in Tamil, and 81 in Telugu.
7. Sridevi was awarded as ‘the best actress’ by Filmfare for five times.
8. In the year 2013, Sridevi was honored with the prestigious “Padma Sree” by the Government of India.
9. Bollywood producer Boney Kapoor and Sridevi were married in 1996. The couple has two daughters- Janvi & Khushi.
10. In the year 2012, Sridevi made a dazzling re-entry into the movies, with “English-Vinglish”. She was later seen in Tamil movie “Puli”.
We hereby wish the enchantress Sridevi a Very Happy Birthday..!