Ever since the launch of the sequel of his hit film Gabbar Singh now called Sardaar Gabbar Singh there’s been so much of buzz. We bring you a few highlights from the journey since the film went on floors:
1. Anisha Ambrose announced as heroine much to the disappointment of fans. But nearly six months later, she is dropped and replaced by Kajal Aggarwal, who will be seen as Princess Arshi in the film.
2. Sampath Nandi was initially roped in to direct the film but misunderstandings led to him being unceremoniously dropped out. Power director KS Ravindra aka Bobby was roped in.
3. But these weren’t the only replacements. Even cinematographer Jayanan Vincent walked out and was replaced by Arthur Wilson.
4. Pawan Kalyan is producing the film himself along with friend and producer Sharrath Marar.
5. During the process of filming, Pawan Kalyan is said to have constantly become angry with the haphazard planning on the sets and at a point yelled at both Marar and Ravindra. Most recently, he slapped Shakalaka Shankar for his misbehaviour with director Bobby.
6. We hear that there will hardly be scenes where Pawan Kalyan is scene without a gun or horse around him. As for the khaki, it’s there all the time.
7. This is one of the most passionate projects of Pawan Kalyan. He has put in great efforts from everything related to the production from cast to the art design! It most definitely is his labour of love.
8. Pawan will give an ode to his brother Megastar Chiranjeevi in a specially conceived scene which will have him mouth the dialogues of his brother in the same charismatic style along with shaking a leg on some of his steps, including the iconic veena step from Dai Dai Damma in Indra.
9. The film has been shot in some virgin locations of Gujarat, Maharashtra and Kerala, to enhance the visual appeal, which has already been heightened by the beautiful Rattanpur sets which was built on a huge scale with a whopping budget of nearly Rs 5 crore.
10. The film has been in the making for really long and is said to have done a very lucrative business even before the release.
11. Most importantly, Pawan Kalyan has dedicated this film to his fans. What can be a bigger highlight?